This is just a Do-It-Yourself Guide for a Pandan – Apo Island Trip on May 1-4, 2008.
I am not organizing this trip. I am just making a guide or a tip for this trip.
I did this trip last year 2007 on the same date. That experience triggered me to be what I am now doing for DIY Coron.
Anyway, here’s the guide.
Target Joiners = 8pax
April 30 – 10pm ETD Buendia-Taft Bus Terminal for Batangas Pier. Pasay > Batangas Pier > (RORO) > Abra De Ilog > (Van) > Sablayan
May 1 – 10am ETA Sablayan. Recommended Lodging – DJ Resort. Town Tour via tricycle rental. (Eco Tourism Office, Sablayan Prison & Penal Farm, Libuao Lake?, Siburan Rainforest?, Eco- waste Management Park, Sablayan Museum, Parola Park). Ask DJ Resort or Sablayan Eco Tourism for possible destinations within town. You must register first at Sablayan Eco Tourism. Overnight DJ Resort.
May 2 – 8am-5pm Daytour at Pandan Island via boat rental. See corals, lots of fish, and the resident pawikan. Laze at the beach. Pack Lunch. Overnight DJ Resort.
May 3 – 4am Wake-up, ETD Sablayan for Apo Island. 9am ETA Apo Island. Tour. Overnight Tent.
May 4 – 6am ETD Apo I for Sablayan. 10am ETA Sablayan. Bath. Quick Lunch. Checkout. 11:30am ETD Van Sablayan – Abra De Ilog. 4PM Abra de Ilog to Batangas Port via ferry, 6PM ETA Batangas Port, 7PM ETD Batangas Port to Manila via public bus, 10PM ETA Manila
May 1-2 – get 2 ac rooms + 2 extra bed, 4pax/room
May 3 – get 1 ac room, no extra bed, mainly for shower purposes on May 4 coming from Apo I overnight.
May 4 – checkout
Tent for Apo I. – borrow 4 tents at Sablayan Eco Tourism Office
- Town Tour using 2 tricycle – assumming P400 rental/trike = 100/pax
- Pandan I Tour = 800 rental/boat + 100 entrance = 200/pax
- Apo I Tour = 4500 boat rental + 500 tour guide + 4 tents (assuming 200/tent) = 735/pax
- EcoTourism Fee = 5% of total charges = 40/pax
- Tricycle Shuttle = 8 rides x 10 = 80/pax
- Food = 12 meals x 100/meal = 1200/pax
- Lodging = 2+2+1ac room = 600/ac room, 100/extra bed = 475/pax
- Transporation = Bus-Ferry-Van RT = 1060/pax
- TOTAL = P3,890/pax >>> P4,000/pax
These are based on my last year’s information. I know it can still get cheaper for me.
If you don’t have a group of 8, please post here if you want to form a group. I will just be your in-between.
Tara Na! Gala Na!